Hiking from Mürren to Lauterbrunnen is a scenic and rewarding experience that’s definitely worth the effort. Just be sure to plan ahead, wear comfortable shoes, and bring plenty of water and snacks for the journey. Basically the starting point of this trip is Lauterbrunen a small town with beautiful panoramic scene, and Lauterbrunnen itself can be reach from anywhere direction from Switzerland with car or with Public transportation.
To do this hiking trip, you can do with combination by foot and cable car, and below are more detail information about the trip itself
- Difficulty level: The hike is considered to be moderate in difficulty, so it’s suitable for most people with average fitness levels. However, it’s important to wear appropriate hiking shoes and bring plenty of water and snacks for the journey.
- Best time to go: The best time to hike from Mürren to Lauterbrunnen is from June to September when the weather is mild and the trails are open. However, the hike can be done year-round if you’re prepared for the colder temperatures and snow
- Start your journey in Lauterbrunen and need to walk with some minutes to reach the cable car station direction Mürren and for the price itself please refer to website of swiss rail .
- After reaching Mürren, there are two ways to go , first you can continue hiking directly to Stelchenberg that would take around 3-4 hours but with a spectacular view all along the way. The second option is via a beautiful village called Gimmelwald, then panoramic scene from this place is amazing, and you can enjoy the view by sitting in one of the restaurant with a glass of Beer or Coffee. Then the journey will continue by taking cable car from Gimmelwald to Stelchenberg.
- After reaching Stelchenberg, the the journey will continue along the road with small path and it will take around 1.5-2 hours depend how fast your walk.
- The final destination is Lauterbrunen, and you can spend sometime to enjoy the beauty of panoramic scene with small waterfall around.
Overall, hiking from Mürren to Lauterbrunnen is a scenic and rewarding experience that’s definitely worth the effort. Just be sure to plan ahead, wear comfortable shoes, and bring plenty of water and snacks for the journey.